Sunday, October 5, 2008

Today was WONDERFUL



Today was one of the best days I've had probably in my life,,,A day when I felt so special, loved,cherished,appreciated,and supported,,It was amazing,,,Here's the low-down,,Hubby tells me last week,that our great friends, Thomas and Kristi, had invited us to dinner this Saturday,and I was sooo excited to go,because we haven't seen them in so long! We went shopping yesterday for Kruise a few warm fall things,and hubby insists I let him buy me this adorable little black maternity dress,,I kept telling him no,that we didn't need to spend that kind of money on something I can wear for another month,especially when there's things Kruise needs,,He bought it anyways,with my disapproval,and told me I should wear it to Thomas and Kristi's,,we argued forever about me thinking it was too dressy for an early dinner and playing with our babies,but Keith won,and I wore it,,,I'm Glad I Did! We leave Saturday evening and head to Thomas and Kristi's,,We pull in the driveway and I notice a single yellow balloon on the mailbox,,i asked Keith "why do u think that's there?" he says "I dunno,,,weird" and I didn't think anything else of it,,We walk in and I see my mother in law and niece sitting at a table with Kristi's mom,,I looked at her for a sec.and thought "did keith tell me that they invited his mom? " i said hi to her and hugged them both, looked over my shoulder and saw my best friend in the universe,that I dont get to see nearly enough, standing by a window,,thats when it clicked,,I hugged her and cried my little hormonal eyes out,,she drove all the way from Chattanooga from school to come to my baby shower,,,i couldn't get over it,,I was grinning like the kool-aid man!! lol..A little while later,after I "composed" myself, we all helped ourselves to a gorgeous little feast my dear friend Kristi prepared,,it was delicious! Then we played a little game,where everyone ripped a piece of streamer as close as they could to how far around my belly was,,Thomas and my mother in law,Jamie, tied! Some of the "guesses" were pretty funny! Thomas was so close because when he stuck his belly out and wrapped the streamer around,we were the same size,,lol..After that, the men took the babies out to play,which Kruise loved,he ran back and forth all over their big yard and played until he smelled like sweat,dirt,and grass,,just like a little boy should! He passed out shortly after we pulled out of the driveway! While they did that, we opened presents! I got sooo many wonderful and adorable things! Noah got tons of clothes,diapers,another carseat,wash cloths,a cute lil diaper bag dispenser,and I dont know what all else..just a TON of stuff! We all sat around and talked awhile,before bringing the night to an end,,I was so touched that my hubby worked hard on this big secret the past couple months, working so hard to get it just right for me,,I didnt get a shower with Kruise,so he wanted me to have one with Noah,,I love that man so insanely much,,,At first, I was kind of sad when he told me on the way home, all the other people he invited that were "coming" and how he had invited my family,which "couldn't" go at the last minute,with excuses like "i didnt have a present",but, all in all, you find out who loves you inside and out( not saying my family doesnt, I just really wish they were more involved with me ), who will drive 4 hours for you,and who wouldn't go five minutes,and who would selflessy go out of their way to make you feel important at times like these,,I have been thanking God all day for my blessings and the people on this earth I can call my friends,family,and the people I love!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Awww that was SO sweet of Keith to do!!!

If i werent 30 hours away, i would have been there in a heartbeat!