Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Noah James Pharris


so we had our baby boy Tuesday morning at 10:56,very unexpectedly! here's the story....i was scheduled for my 36 week appt that morning,so i got up early,took a bath,and sat down to play on the computer and watch some tv before everyone else woke up (luckily keith was home that day to be able to come to our doctor appointment). About that time, i started getting a little crampy,but nothing I really worried about,,I realized this "little cramping" was happening pretty consistently,so i googled a contraction timer,and discovered i was having contractions every 5-6 minutes that were lasting a minute,,hmmm,interesting,,well,I went ahead and made breakfast,woke everyone up,and we went to my appointment..my cramps started getting a little uncomfortable on the way to the doctor,but i figured i was probably dehydrated or dialated to a 3,MAX..Keith went ahead and called the office and told them what was going on,so we got to go in right when we got there which was nice! My doc checked me,got a goofy look on his face and told us "you're 8 CENTIMETERS!(after checking a few times! :) ) I'm calling Baptist and telling them your on your way,,," We get up to head over ( we had to take the elevator and walk across a skywalk to get there) and he was like "how can you walk??! aren't you in pain!? you're so composed!" lol,,things started moving along even faster after he checked me,because I was fine until we got about half way across the skywalk,,then i started feeling like i was dying! Keith found a nurse as we were trying to book it down the hall,and she dragged me down the hall into a labor and delivery room,sent keith to go sign paperwokr for me,pulled off my clothes, checked me and i was a 10,ready to go! Nurses were running aroud all crazy,basically begging me not to push,shoving ivs in my arm as fast as they could,and calling my doc every few minutes,,they had another doctor in the room on stand-by,but he made it in time! The only thing that saved me from having him on the walk over was my water not breaking,is what i was told! well, i obviously had no time for drugs or an epi, yeah,that was fun! i pushed for maybe 10 minutes or so and he was here! Keith and Kruise were right there with me,which made it amazing! Noah James came into the world weighing 6 lbs 3 oz and he was 19 1/2 inches long with a head full of dark hair,just like his bubba! He is gorgeous and reminds me a LOT of Kruise when he was born,just tiny! He had some fluid in his lungs, which was caused by the fast delivery not giving time to push it out,so he had to go to the NICU for a couple hours,but he's fine! He has a sweet little personality and the tiniest cry. We get to go home tommorrow so we're excited about that! we miss our other little man and can't wait to get home!

No comments: