Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lake Fest



So today me and Kruise decided we didn't want to spend ANOTHER saturday hanging around the house, waiting for Keith to want to do something fun,so we had a mommy and baby day! Today was the last day of the consignment sale,and alot of things were 50% off,so we went to see if we could find him some books,toys,or whatever..we ended up getting three books that he loves for like $5, which is a killer deal if you have been children's book shopping lately! He's already "accidentally" destroyed two $20 books,and that was getting old quick! On the way to the consignment sale, I saw that H'ville was having it's annual lake fest, which I completely forgot about,and decided we would hit that on the way back,,,Initially, I was irritated, we had to park a couple miles away and walk in the 100 million percent humidity with the stupid umbrella stroller that i HATE because the handles are too short and it kills my back,then we get to where you pay to go in,and they charged me for Kruise! I was like "are you serious!? he's 14 months!" The guy said i did so whatever,i pay it,and go on my way..we did end up having fun though! We looked at all the boths and cool little things they had for sale, and I ended up buying Kruise a little glass turtle that a guy made in front of me,it was pretty neat,and got Noah an elephant,for a $1 apiece,I'm usually not into stuff like that, but they are adorable little clear ones that I can put away for them..we watched an Elvis impersonator perform, watched people canoe and ride jet-skiis on the lake, hung out with some ducks,ran around in the grass,played on the playground,got some free goodies from vendors (cloth shopping bags and stuff), I registered to vote and talked to some hilarious little jewish ladies, Kruise got to meet the horses the police ride around on and see a firetruck,and I got hit on by a fireman (woohoo,momma's still got it! lol) We probably would of stayed alot longer,but after 3 hours, we were getting pretty hot,thirsty,and Kruise was ready for a nap! So,we came back home and he passed out,,,I think that sounds like a good idea,actually,I'm off for a nap!

1 comment:

Marlana said...

Wow what an eventful day! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! My day has been boring, hanging around at my in laws. OH and my laptop keeps bringing up a bajillion popups and it drives me nuts.

Oh and I love ya girl, you gave me such a good laugh with "Woohoo mama's still got it!" haha!! yeah ya do!! :D

Hopefully I'll catch you tonight!